Code of Ethics for Investigative Sites
CODE OF ETHICS FOR INVESTIGATIVE SITES
* We place the safety and welfare of our patients and clinical study subjects as our highest priority.
Disclaimer: This Code of Ethics is a statement of good-faith intentions. It does not constitute any contractual or legal obligation beyond that required by applicable laws and regulations.
* We uphold the highest scientific standards of objectivity, accuracy and integrity.
* We comply with all laws, regulations and guidelines, as well as Company policies and procedures that govern legal and ethical conduct.
* We conduct clinical studies only if there is no undue cost or risk to the subjects, and only if they benefit the general public.
* We engage in only those research activities for which we are knowledgeable and competent.
* We do not discriminate against any potential subject based on race, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
* We enroll only qualified and properly-consented subjects in clinical studies, in both spirit and practice.
* We do not coerce or unfairly influence people to participate in clinical studies.
* We protect the confidential information of subjects and patients.
* We speak and write the full and accurate truth; we do not improperly withhold information.
* We do not offer or accept improper inducements.
* We avoid conflicts of interest.
* We do not engage in ethically-unclear activities until the ethical questions are resolved.
* We challenge or report unethical conduct to the CEO.
* We work together to understand and resolve ethical issues.
by Norman M. Goldfarb
Journal of Clinical Research Best Practices
© Norman M. Goldfarb